Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taking it easy

Monday morning I woke up not feeling that great. As the morning progressed I couldn't eat anything and I was very uncomfortable, I quickly realized that I was having contractions. They were 3 minutes apart. I was in shock b/c it just came so sudden. They slowed down to 4 minutes, then 10, then they were just everywhere. I tried eating some crackers and orange juice. By 12 I asked my husband to come home, I could barely stand. Keep in mind I have a 2 year old to take care of.. So he came home and fed our daughter some lunch, laid her down for her nap. I was waiting for my doctor to call back. At 2 my doctor called and wanted to see me right away. I got up and had to run to the bathroom, and got sick. We quickly left, dropped our daughter off with a friend and went to see the doctor. He hooked me up to a monitor for about 30-40 minutes, I made sure there was a trash can next to me. He came in and said my contractions were 4 minutes apart. No surprise to me I felt all of them. While waiting on an ultrasound, I got sick again, I had drank 2 bottles of water b/c I was so thirsty and it all came back up...He did an ultrasound and checked to see if I was dilated. Thankfully everything looked fine and I was not dilated at all. I was relieved, until he said, we're taking you to the hospital to stop the contractions and get some fluids in you. Scary words.

So Hubby and I were headed to the hospital, they set me up to a monitor, and IV. By then my contractions were 1 minute apart. I spent about 4 hours hooked up to the IV and by 9 pm my contractions were 11 minutes apart. They sent me home, part of me wanted to stay the night b/c I still felt miserable. BUT I was also glad to get my baby girl and go home. We left the hospital and it was like the day after tomorrow outside. What an awful storm. Today my hubby took the day off from work and has been wonderful. He's cleaned up and taken care of our daughter and me. I've slept a lot, anytime I get up to do something, and by that I mean walk, I get so exhausted, I have to get back in bed. I've been able to keep stuff down today, but I am living off gatorade, ginger ale, jello, toast and crackers. I'd love to eat more but I don't think I can handle it. I've had some sporadic contractions but they've been milder than yesterdays. Hoping to return to normal tomorrow...

Here's a pic of baby sister's heartbeat..


  1. Oh no! Not fun at all :( I'm glad that you and baby are ok! Take it easy and rest plenty :)