Wednesday, June 1, 2011

RIP

Today my husband and I experienced our first loss as a married couple. Our dog's health had been dimishing, it seemed like overnight he grew old and slept all day, hardly ever moved. Hubby took him to the vet today and there was no promise of recovery, so I dropped off our toddler w/ a friend and met hubby at the vet. It was our first time at that office and they were the sweetest group ever! They loved on sweet Riley and held him as we let him go. Hubby and I sat with him and just loved on him as he took his last breath. I didn't think we could ever stop crying. For now we sit at home, missing our protector. He used to lay at our feet and followed hubby everywhere. We also had to explain to our 2 1/2 year old that Riley is with Jesus and he went bye bye. She looked perplexed, but took it well. I am concerned about the cat, but we'll just make sure he is getting lots of loving.


Rest In Peace my sweet Riley.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss :( It's always really hard to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete