Thursday, June 23, 2011

33 weeks


Well here I am, 33 weeks and counting. I can't believe I'm so close to the end. How crazy!!! We are anxious to meet our girl, praying she stays put till she's full term though. We still have 7 weeks to go and it's bittersweet to me. I LOVE being pregnant (I know some women out there think I'm crazy), and I'll miss it once she's here. BUT the reward at the end of the pregnancy will be too awesome for me to be sad about no longer being preggo. lol I am enjoying every minute of it, enjoying every kick and punch. Even with all the weird contractions, pain and discomfort, I will miss these days for sure. lol

Last night as I went to bed, I had a bit of a freak out second. Life will change in August, I'll be a mother of 2. And life with a newborn is exhausting. I'm terrified of how it'll be w/ a newborn and a toddler. I'm hoping this baby will be a good sleeper. :) This mama turns into the hulk when I don't get 8 hours of sleep. :) I know my sleep will be limited once baby comes. Again, it'll all be worth it. And my toddler is such a good helper, I know we'll have rough days, but we can all snuggle up on the couch on the days I'm exhausted. lol

Eating has been hard these days. Ever since last Monday when I came home from the hospital, my appetite has changed. NOTHING sounds good to eat, I have to force myself to eat (or my hubby lovingly makes me eat) and most of the stuff makes me sick. This past weekend I had a calzone, oh my word I was miserable afterwards... So I'm being careful with what I choose to eat. Water and gatorade are my new BFF's. :) I always feel so dehydrated, so I'm making sure I drink a lot, don't want to end up back in the hospital. Tums is also my BFF. lol

Other than water I crave nothing. As I said, eating is hard these days. I don't even crave chocolate, can you believe that!? lol



We are slowly getting the house ready. This week we finally got the playroom put together. There are a few things I need to get, I want to get a table/chair set for the room, I found one that I love on amazon (in the picture). And some minor decorative things, but other than that the room is functional and my daughter is loving it. My hubby is working on staining my daughter's "new" twin bed so that we can get their room set up. I'm so excited to see 2 beds in that room :) It'll all come together. I want to pack my hospital bag in the next week or so and possibly get the pack and play set up. I'm not sure how early is too early to set up the pack and play. We never really used it w/ my first daughter, but this time baby will sleep in our room in the pack and play for a few months before sharing a room w/ her big sister.

Our daughter's room is pink/white toile. I LOVE it!!! Baby sister will be using the old crib bedding, so I want to get the matching twin set for my toddler. I can't wait to have it all done and have tons of ideas for decorating. One thing that I really want is a nightstand table, for in between their beds, but the one I want is round and almost impossible to find...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that bedding! It is so cute and girly :)

    And watch out because there is some kind of bug going around-I've caught it and I'm currently living off of ginger ale and crackers-hopefully we'll both be back to regular food soon :)

    ReplyDelete