Thursday, November 11, 2010

schedule

I love having a schedule for my day. I don't like change, I like doing the same routine daily... When I became a housewife, I was 8 months pregnant... I decided to divide my household chores into different days, each day I'd do certain things and make sure they get done. It made things less stressful after the baby was born. Now, 2 years later, my routines have changed, I've had to make sure spending time with my daughter comes first. I've tried several different schedules w/ her and we always stick to it. It always works. During her Individual Playtime (usually lasts 1 hour) and her TV time (about another 1 hour or so) I clean... Then I set time aside to play with her, teach her, color with her and so forth... This week I started a new routine. We were on vacation last week, so everything was different. And before then, we were just in survival mode. I felt like nothing was getting done. SO after talking to a friend this week, I started a new "home management" routine in my house. I LOVE it and feel very accomplished by naptime.
My schedule:
8:00-8:30 Wake up, I read her a chapter from the Bible, breakfast
8:30-9:30 TV time, mommy cleans up
9:30-10 Color time, puzzles and books with mommy
10-10:30 Outside play time
10:30-11:30 Individual playtime in her room, Mommy cleans and makes lunch
11:30-12:00 clean up room
12:00-1:00 lunch and tv time
1:00-3:30 nap time
3:30-4 wake up/ snack
4:00-5:00 Free play or outside playtime (depending on weather)
5:00-6:00 Individual playtime in her room, Mommy cooks dinner
6:00-6:30 Eat dinner
6:30-7 playtime with mommy
7:00-8 Playtime with daddy (this is usually the time that he comes home)
8 bathtime
8-8:30 play in room with mommy and daddy/ get ready for bed
8:30 bedtime!

Now, as much as a stickler as I am to keeping things running smoothly, we don't ALWAYS follow this... For example, yesterday we spent all morning in the park. This morning I have got to catch up on chores I missed yesterday so she's watching UP... I'll make sure she gets plenty of mommy time as well :) But since starting this schedule, she is a much happier baby and it makes bedtime SO much easier. We had been struggling to get her to sleep since converting her bed, but now it's been much easier!
Anyways, just my anal side coming up with this schedule... It works for me and forces me to get my chores done b/c I have specific times set aside for that. Most importantly I want to make sure I spend most of my time with my daughter, b/c she is more important!

2 comments:

  1. love this idea. I may have to try it with some variations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I may need to do something like this for the weekends, since M goes to school during the week.

    ReplyDelete