Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mommy Corner- Mess

Last night my daughter and I went grocery shopping. On the way home, as soon as we pulled into our street, I hear her cough and see something flying out of the corner of my eye. I turn around quickly and realize that she has thrown up eveywhere. It was so gross! I cannot handle it... The whole time she kept saying "I made a mess". It was sad. So I get home and have to choose b/t unloading the dirty child or the groceries that are melting in my trunk. I chose the child. I stripped her and threw everything in the wash. I gave her a bath and got her ready for bed. She was bouncing all over the place, so I thought that it was a one time thing. She asked for milk, but I decided to play it safe and gave her water. Hmm, bad idea, about 10 minutes later she threw up again, she couldn't bring herself to stop. Broke my heart! SO I had to give her another bath! Then she went to sleep. She woke up about every hour throwing up. :( At about 2:30 she went back to sleep fine. We'll see what today brings.

In her 2 years, she's never had the stomach bug. Which I'm thankful for, but i am so clueless as to how to handle it. She won't drink pedialyte, at all!

Some things I learned yesterday: Lysol will NOT take the smell of throw up out of hard wood floors. I googled it and it said to try some things... White vinegar, windex, shampoo/conditioner and some others... I did the Shampoo/ Conditioner and it was PERFECT! The smell was driving me crazy. I did lysol twice and pledge once and it didn't do anything. But once I scrubbed the floor w/ the S/C the smell was gone. :)

2 cute things my daughter did through all this: Everytime she threw up she would say "made a mess". Which was cute, but sad b/c she thought she was in trouble. So I kept reassuring her. And the other one is that she kept saying she was boo boo but wouldn't show me her boo boo. I finally asked if her belly was boo boo and she nodded. :)

5 comments:

  1. ohhh the stomach bug is NOT fun!!! it's just so sad! masyn wouldn't drink pedialite either so i reverted to gatorade or powerade ... and she seemed to drink that a lot better! i hope that your little girl starts feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stomach bug is definitely no fun. :( If she won't drink the pedialyte or gatorade maybe you could try freezing it into a popsicle and see if she would eat it that way. Special "treats" for boo boo bellys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenifer, thank you so much for the idea. I'll have to try that. :)

    Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby!!! My son has had that a few times. Thankfully it passed really quickly. Can you get the unflavored Pedialyte and mix it in something she will drink?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know there was unflavored. lol I know nothing of pedialyte and stuff, thankfully we're not usually sick...

    ReplyDelete