Tuesday, December 21, 2010

christmas is almost here...

I can't believe Christmas is in the end of the week. CRAZY!!! Up until about 2 years ago, Christmas to me was just another (very stressful) day. I enjoyed shopping, and especially giving my husband a present. But the days just wasn't fun, like it used to be when I was a kid. And then everything changed in 2008, when my daughter was born. :) She was 6 weeks old for her first Christmas, so we didn't do much. I gave her a book and a doll. She had no idea what was going on. Then last year, we bought her a Corolle baby doll and a princess play kitchen. We set up the kitchen under the tree so it was the first thing she saw when she ran into the living room that morning. It was so sweet. This year, I bought her more stuff. lol I love watching her get so excited for Christmas. She loves the tree, the village (which she calls castle), and driving around looking at lights. I'm so excited to watch her open her presents on Christmas morning. She keeps asking me if she can "open Christmas" anytime she walks by the tree. :)
As excited as I am to be w/ my husband and daughter these holidays, it is still very stressful. We always end up driving back and forth b/t family and never have time at home, so that we can enjoy each other. :/ I keep joking w/ my husband that we need to go out of town one Christmas, so it can be just the 3 of us, making our own traditions.. He hasn't agreed to it yet. Maybe one day ;)

1 comment:

  1. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I love that M is old enough now to enjoy opening her presents and spend time with family. :)

    ReplyDelete