Friday, September 7, 2012

Homeschool week 1

This week we started Pre-k4. We will be homeschooling, and so far big sis and I are LOVING it! We bought the curriculum about 4-5 weeks ago. The curriculum (sonlight) includes math, science, lots of reading and more. I supplement with arts and crafts and handwriting.

First day of school I had this set up.  Daddy decorated our board.  Our books for the week are on the table along with her name plate and binder.  I blurred her name :)
My little student is so excited for her first day of school!  I took her to Target and she picked out her school outfit :)

Working on her math book- Matching
 We usually work on the dining room table.  But this day I was feeling sick so we worked on coffee table and couch. :)

 We learn in Pj's sometimes :)  And in Science we're learning about winter/snow.  So we made a snowman.  I loved this idea to use a waterbottle and she's still carrying her snowman around.  That day we also watched Frosty the Snowman so she could see how "real" snowman is made :)

 I'd say our first week was a success.  She's learned a lot and I'm so thankful to get the opportunity to be her teacher. :) 







  The books we used this week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the water bottle snowman. :) I'm going to need to do that when we do winter!

    ReplyDelete