Saturday, January 14, 2012

kitchen remodel

We live in a 1930's house, we love it! When we bought the house, I HATED the kitchen. The countertops and walls were avocado green. bleh I HATE the color green. We've been in this house for about 5 years, and last December (2010) my dad (he's a contractor) gave me a wonderful Christmas present. New countertops! They are marble and beautiful! This past week (yes 13 months later) he came back to do the backsplash. He picked everything out, I LOVE it! There are still some minor things to be done, and I really want to redo our floors soon. The opposite wall, facing the sink has a small patch of countertops and my stove.. No backsplash there. lol

Before backsplash

After


How it was before we remodeled

3 comments:

  1. The very first benefit of using recycled glass countertops is getting an setting-friendly household material. This is since manufacturers want not to eliminate any all-natural assets identified in the surroundings just to make this item in contrast to producing granite or marble counters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our house was built in 1847 ;) We just painted our kitchen white this summer and LOVE how it turned out! The countertops and backsplash are our next task!

    ReplyDelete