Wednesday, October 12, 2011

stressful times

I just realized that I haven't blogged in a while. There has been a lot of stress in this house. Baby has been having a rough time sleeping, her naps are sporadic and extremely short. She has been restless and clingy and fussy.. More so than usual. We started giving her gripe water, which helped calm her down some. Though the task of giving her the gripe water is really interesting b/c she HATES it. So today we had her 2 month check up. Doctor said she has "silent reflux".. Basically she has reflux, where it goes up her throat, then back down, but nothing ever comes out of her mouth. So we'll start zantac as soon as I pick up the prescription from the pharmacy. I couldn't pick it up today, after her appt (she got shots) she was beside herself so we just came home.
I haven't been able to get anything done, the house is a mess, laundry has piled up, I haven't cooked... I could let it stress me out, which it does a bit. BUT I know that this is just a season, my babies are growing fast, so I'll spend this time with them, enjoying them. The house will be spotless again someday. When baby sister and I are awake for 2+ hours in the middle of the night, I no longer get upset b/c I'm tired.. Instead we cuddle on the couch and I get sweet smiles. It's the only time we get to be alone, so I want to enjoy it. :) So for now, I will be a mom, and do what I can and have to for my babies. My toddler has also gotten clingy b/c she never gets me to herself. It's kinda bittersweet b/c it was always the 2 of us for so long, I miss my time alone with her as much as she does. I do what I have to do to keep up with the house, but it's far from perfect. And I DON"T CARE! lol

For other news. Baby sister is a "beast" as daddy put it. At 10 weeks, she weighs 13 lbs and is 24 1/2 inches long. I could hardly believe it. Her sister was big at that age, but she was 11 lbs and 23 inches. Can you believe it!? Hubby and I keep wondering how we make such big babies. lol My toddler is skinny and tall. She's got the longest legs and I love it. Baby sister is a chub, I had no idea she was SO tall. She's got short stubby legs, so I guess she's just tall in general. lol I love my girls and they are perfect! That's how God made them. :)

I leave you with the cutest little girls ever!

1 comment:

  1. who cares if the house is a mess? those two little faces are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete