Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday blues

I am sitting on the couch, watching Blues Clues with my daughter, while baby sister sleeps in the swing. It's been a rough couple of days. We got baby sister's last feeding to be at midnight, then I go to bed. Her wake up time varies, sometimes she's up w/in 2 hours to eat, sometimes 4 hours.. Regardless of her wake up time, she keeps me up, for no reason I might add, for 2-3 hours. Last night when she woke up I prayed while I fed her that she'd go back to sleep quickly. Didn't happen. We came to the living room so mommy could keep herself awake w/ the TV and she just sat there in my arms, looking at me. She wasn't hungry or upset, just awake. I finally rocked her to sleep after 2 hours.. The night before she was up for 3 hours, I finally had to hand her over to daddy and he rocked her to sleep.

Exhausted doesn't begin to cover how I feel. The night "parties" are killing me. I love the extra time w/ her, but it makes for a very hard morning and day. I can't get motivated to do anything. I have no energy. I'm so tired, my body hurts, everywhere! My migraines are returning. I love having a newborn, but I do look forward to her sleeping through the night :)
She will be 1 month on Saturday (seems so fast) and I really want to start getting her on a schedule. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment