Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New recipe

Today I was not in the mood to cook, but wanted to eat something yummy. I had taken out sausage links, but can never come up with something good to do with them. Being lazy, I decided to just throw what sounded good in the crock pot and take a chance. :) It came out so good!
What I used:
sausage links (cut into bite size pieces)
3-4 potatoes (cut in cubes)
1 can diced tomatoes
fresh spinach (1/4 of a bag)

I put 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 can of water and sausages to cook. I sprinkled some salt and black pepper, stir. Cooked on low for 3-4 hours. I then added the potatoes and sprinkled some Italian seasoning, stirred and cooked on high for 2 hours. I then added the spinach and stirred, turning off the crock pot... That's it!

I also made corn muffins and that was my dinner. It was very simple but oh so good! I had seconds and later plan on having thirds. Even my 16 month old who refuses to eat meat, ate it and enjoyed it. :) Let me know if you guys try it, I plan on making it again! I kept it simple and quick this time, but next time I may even make some white rice to go with it...

I'll call it sausage stew

2 comments: